Created in 2004 and launched in 2005, Research Supported by FAPESP is a referential information source for funded research. It is built with modern resources of Information and communications technology (ICT) and based on international rules of information processing.
- to promote and disseminate referential information to society as a whole on research projects and scholarships supported by FAPESP in the State of São Paulo;
- to foster access to scientific and technological knowledge at national and international levels, through the dissemination of referential information on research supported by FAPESP in all areas of knowledge on the Internet;
- to preserve and disseminate FAPESP institutional memory.
- Scientific and technological community in Brazil and abroad;
- Grantees of FAPESP programs;
- FAPESP Board of Directors, managers and sectors;
- Civil society, to be aware of the contribution of FAPESP for the development of scientific knowledge.
- FAPESP Researchers (Principal Investigators and/or Grantees of FAPESP support) - the page contains links for the researcher's academic résumés on national (Lattes Platform) and international web-based query databases (Web of Science Researcher ID and Google Scholar My Citations) as well as provides access to FAPESP approved projects and scholarships in which each researcher has been involved;
- References of scientific articles resulting from FAPESP support to research, obtained automatically from Web of Science and SciELO;
- References of theses and dissertations, automatically migrated to the Virtual Library information records from the digital libraries of theses and dissertations of universities and research institutions in the State of and São Paulo;
- Maps of FAPESP Support in the State of São Paulo, contributing for a quick identification of which regions and institutions have been participating in each modality of funded research;
- Subjects, assembling all records of research projects and scholarships within each subject;
- Classification Schemes used for the retrieval of research projects and scholarships records;
- Home Research Institutions, distributed as follows: Universities; Research Institutions; Higher Education Institutions/not Universities; Professional Societies; Hospitals; Museums, Archives and Information Centers; Schools of the Public Education Research Program;
- Cooperation Agreements with national and international institutions, assembling all records of approved scholarships and research projects within each agreement;
- International Collaboration displays international collaborative research information funded by FAPESP;
- Research Themes assembles some themes concerning research grants and scholarships supported by FAPESP;
- Intellectual Property displays the database containing records of patents and computer programs that have been supported by FAPESP for their design and protection.